- Principal Attorney
Rhonel T. Aquino is a graduate of Loyola Law School in Los Angeles, California. While in law school, he served in law review as a member of the Loyola of Los Angeles International and Comparative Law Review. Mr. Aquino received his undergraduate degree from Loyola Marymount University.
Mr. Aquino has served as the lead litigation and trial attorney in over 200 cases, successfully representing both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts. Having represented both plaintiffs and defendants, Mr. Aquino has developed an invaluable insight into how the other side is thinking and also being able to gauge the progress of the litigation from both sides. He has served as an arbitrator and as a Judge Pro Tem for the Los Angeles Superior Court. In short, Mr. Aquino has represented in excess of 500 clients since he began practicing law in 1997.
He is an active member of the State Bar of California. Mr. Aquino is currently or has been a member of the following legal organizations: American Bar Association, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Beverly Hills Bar Association, Philippine American Bar Association, Multi-Cultural Bar Association and the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association.
Mr. Aquino has served as a referral attorney for such organizations as the Beverly Hills Bar Association, Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. and the Legal Grind.
He has more than 20 years of legal and non-legal work experience. His legal work experience includes working for the U.S. District Court, Bank of America's legal department and AQUINO & AQUINO, a family-owned law firm operated by his father and sister, both of whom are attorneys. His non-legal work experience includes working for such companies as Kodak, Ticor Title Insurance Company, Wells Fargo Bank, United Personnel, Loyola Marymount University, Sears and May Co.
Mr. Aquino has volunteered his time and donated money to the following worthy non-profit legal organizations: Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles, Asian Pacific American Legal Center and the Harriet Buhai Center for Family Law. He has also served as a contributing writer to the Asian Journal and Weekend Balita, two newspapers geared towards serving the asian community.
Areas of Practice
- Wrongful Termination
- Discrimination & Harassment
- Unpaid Wages & Overtime
- Business Litigation & Advice
- Personal Injury
- California, 1997
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- Loyola Marymount University
Honors and Awards
- Top Attorneys, Pasadena Magazine
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles Superior Court, Arbitrator and Judge Pro Tem
- State Bar of California, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section), Member
- Pasadena Bar Association, Member
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Member
- Philippine American Bar Association, Member
- Multi-Cultural Bar Association, Member
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Member
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Member
- California Employment Lawyers Association, Member
- State Bar of California (Labor and Employment Law Section), Member
- Philippine American Bar Association, President, 2001
- Philippine American Bar Association, Advisory Board
- California Employment Lawyers Association Diversity Committee, Member
- Association of Workplace Investigators, Member
- Southern California Mediation Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- U.S. District Court
- Bank of America's Legal Department
- AQUINO & AQUINO
- Wells Fargo Bank
- Ticor Title Insurance Company
Pro Bono Activities
- Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles
- Asian Pacific American Legal Center
- Harriet Buhai Center for Family Law
- Trial Lawyers Charities
- Downs Syndrome Association of Los Angeles